Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Prayer For Women With Breast Cancer From Ralph

A PRAYER FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCER

From Ralph B. Strickland, Jr.

 

Today Lord many women are suffering the pain of breast cancer, though I am aware You know that.

 

I know they must be so afraid!  I have been terrified myself Lord, especially when I served my country in Vietnam.  Prayer is the only answer to personal terror, I know. Therefore, I run to you, my Father, because these women need Your strength, love and courage.  Yet many may find it too difficult after therapy for sustained daily prayer.

 

God, grant me the privilege to stand in their place. Take my courage and strength, such as it is, and multiply it among them as You did the loaves and fishes that day so long ago. I pray to You, Father, to give them the courage to get through what they must face, day after day.  During those dark hours in the middle of the night when their anxieties and fears must overwhelm them, use my prayers and my courage through You to give them the calmness to remember to turn to You and to relax in the shelter of Your arms.

 

“Behold”, as Isaiah said, “God is my salvation: I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord, God is my strength.” Isaiah12:2

 

During their days ahead of treatment, be it radiation, Chemotherapy or surgery, and the loss of their privacy, dignity, and perhaps, even the loss of their hair, let them feel Your Presence in their lives.  While lying in a CT scanner, having their veins probed and stuck for blood tests, or while they are waiting for test results use me and my prayers through You so that they remember that they are most certainly NOT alone and that Lord, You are especially with them. I pray they experience the blessings in this time of their testing of Your love for them.

 

May each woman know the sustaining love and support of their family and friends.  I thank you dear Lord, for the wonderful doctors, nurses, technicians, modern technology and drugs that are available to help fight this disease.  What a blessing they are!  With all our help and prayers, Lord, may they meet this challenge one day at a time knowing You are at their side with Your loving arms around them.

 

Use me, Lord, for I am here.  You know me.  You remember me from all my prayers. Let me make a sacrifice for them that You deem appropriate.  I ask a personal favor, Lord: that You especially take care of Mrs. Kelly Horne Phillips who inspired this prayer.  I'd appreciate it very much. 

 

I ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

 

Amen

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this prayer as it is especially meaningful to me as a woman of courage ~ a "trooper" as I called her ~ that I knew as an employee and then, later, as a friend.

    It will be 3 years ago tomorrow that I was able to be with her and her 3 children when she passed away in the Hospice unit.

    This writing touched me very much and I appreciate your ability to step outside of your situation and to reach out for another in the form of prayer.
    May God bless & watch over your friend...
    MM in AZ :)

    ReplyDelete